Informasi, Kebudayaan &
Informasi Beasiswa & Pendidikan
Pusat Informasi, Pendidikan dan
Jakarta, 15 September 2005[Bahasa Indonesia]
Japan’s Grant Aid to RI (For Capacity-building of the National Police)
1. The Government of Japan has decided to extend grant aid for one project, a total amount of which is up to ¥ 449 million (approximately US$ 4.05 million or Rp 40.8 billion) to the Republic of Indonesia. This assistance is to support Indonesia’s efforts for capacity-building of the national police. The diplomatic notes were signed between H.E. Mr. Yutaka Iimura, Ambassador of Japan to the Republic of Indonesia, and Mr. Sudjadnan Parnohadiningrat, Secretary General, Department of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, in Jakarta on September 15, 2005.
The project titles and maximum amounts are as follows;
“Capacity-building of the Indonesian National Police”
(¥ 449 million; approximately US$ 4.05 million or Rp 40.8 billion)
2. The details of the project;
(1) Indonesian National Police (INP) has been making their efforts for Police Reform since INP separated from Indonesian National Defense Forces (TNI). The Government of Japan, based on the request from the Government of Indonesia, has also been supporting INP's efforts for Police Reform by sending various kinds of Japanese police experts including the senior advisor to the Chief of INP, receiving many INP officers to the National Police Agency of Japan for training every year.
(2) This Project aims to provide the Government of Indonesia with Koban-sets to assist the activities of the Japanese police experts working in Bekasi Police Resort which has been implementing the Enhancement of the Civilian Police Activities, and also with Criminal Investigation equipments to enhance the investigation capability including Counter-Terrorism capability of INP. It is also expected that this project will greatly contribute to the realization of the Police for Citizens and the capacity building of investigation activities.
3. The Government of Japan, as one of the largest donors to Indonesia, would like to continue to assist Indonesia’s various reform efforts.